Ledgers and Reports
The below are the Ledgers and Reports available to Property Managers:
Property Tree App Release
The Smartphone Apps are expected to be released around June 2018.
The Property Sales Dashboard looks like this:
There is no additional charge for Property Sales. You only pay for Property Management.
You are able to do your trust accounting via the system. Automatic emails to also parties are also made. Auditors can access your data if you permit them and this can be done in a Read Only mode. Rockend is very reputable in trust accounting and has high regard from auditors.
Property Tree uses Microsoft Azure. This is the most secure cloud server in the world. Rockend is very serious about your security. Most government and authorities use Microsoft Azure. In the eight years of Property Tree, there has been no data breach. Within the system there is internal security. An Information Audit allows you to make sure there have been no compromises in your security by logging all activity and finding fraudulent activity or mistakes. There are different security levels that control what financial data they see. You do not have to worry about your receptionist seeing you finances!
Automatic emails and letters are available to property managers. You can send automatic communications by email, letter or SMS. Rockend is currently negotiating for a flat monthly fee for SMS (currently $2.95AUD per month for line rental and $0.16AUD per SMS).
In the previous version of this review, we highlighted an important feature called "Tribunal Report". The Tribunal Report can be accessed like this: Tenancy > Actions > Print Tribunal Report.
If you use Property Tree properly (communicate via the portals, use the notes section, etc), then all your data will be within Property Tree. If this is the case, then when you need to go to tribunal, all you have to do is pull the Tribunal Report – nothing else, which makes preparing so much more simple. If you are not using it for everything then you will still need to take other documents – for example if you communicate with tenants via email rather than via the portal then you will need to retrieve those emails. The Tribunal Report works best when you work in Property Tree itself. The report greatly simplifies the inconvenience of collating documents to go to court.
In sum, my review is as follows:
- Property Tree is cloud based
- All in one solution
- Comprehensive property management and real estate sales systems
- Has integration with useful third party software like Xero and Mailchimp
- The Tribunal Report is very useful and indispensable in a residential tenancy dispute
- You can build in automated processes like email templates for late payment, etc really saving time and energy and bringing real estate practice to 21st Century standards
- Very extensive self help documentation
- Monthly or nearly monthly updates that improve the software and iron out bugs
- Extremely secure. Uses Microsoft Azure and internal security processes
- None. This is likely the best system in the market
10Overall10Ease of Use10Features Available10Security
Still Not Convinced? See Client Testimonials below